With Grandma

With Grandma

Monday, April 6, 2009

Who do you think??????

Last night I watched the country music awards.  I am a HUGE George Strait fan.  He is a REAL Country Music singer.  No rock, just real country music.  He IS THE MAN!!! I think he has earned the title of Entertainer of the Year.  If you have been to one of his concerts you KNOW all he has to do is just stand there and sing and that is entertainment enough.  So last night I voted with all the computers in the house for George.  The people that have only been singing for a year or so, don't need to win.  They still have plenty of time.  

I like Carrie Underwood, don't get me wrong.  She is really good and can do awesome things with her voice.  She has really proved herself coming up from American Idol.  I voted for her everytime on American Idol.  But I think she needs to be a little more seasoned before she wins EOTY.  (And what's up with the guys that won song of the year?  "In Color" by Jamey Johnson.  That was so lame!!!  Even George had a look on his face like WHAT!?)  

So,  my point is this.  There is no one like, THE MAN, George Strait.  HE should have won and in my mind is the Entertainer of the Year!!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I voted for Carrie! George is an old Troubadour just like he said! He has won enough It's Carrie's chance to shine!

Dan said...

Remember when Carrie Underwood was all sweet and adorable and doing songs like Jesus Take the Wheel?

Now she's gone the other way and whored it up with her psychotic Before He Cheats and Last Name numbers.

Can't say it's a step in the right direction, really.

But George Strait? The man deserves the Entertainer of the Century award, and just leave it at that. Nobody can come close, and I'm pretty sure nobody ever will.

Amy said...

George should win EOTY every year until he dies. End of story. He can just stand there and sing...and I'm happy.

I like Carrie fine. But she won Female singer of the year. That's adequate. Taylor Swift should've won, if you ask me.

At LEAST Kenny Chesney didn't win again. He never deserved that award. He bugs. Enough with the beach and Reggae! We get it! You like tank-tops! Move on!

And I was totally annoyed about the In Color song. What a stupid song! That happens to be one of the videos we always fast forward on the Top 20 Countdown on CMT. Bleh.