With Grandma

With Grandma

Friday, April 17, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever.... in the freezer

We ordered Strawberries from a local singing group.  They arrived VERY ripe.  
They say when you get lemons make Lemonade.
So.... we got ripe fruit, so Mary, Sarah and I made Freezer Jam.  I have made regular Jam, but this was my first attempt to make Freezer Jam.  It is so easy and delicious.  I want to live somewhere where fresh fruit is more accessible so I can do this on a regular basis.  This was the best idea we had and it felt like such an accomplishment.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That looks pretty good. What recipe did you use? And did you try it? Is it good? How long did it take?

Aunt Me said...

Didn't take very long and very easy. I made it off of a recipe I made off of the internet. This weekend Strawberries and blackberries are on sale at Fry's so I would like to do it again. Yes we tried it and it is so good. I never want to eat store bought again!